Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org> on 2019/08/01 15:46:59 UTC

Metadata orderedness?

Hello,

Is key/value metadata (as attached to fields) supposed to be ordered or
unordered?  In the C++ codebase currently, order is significant in
KeyValueMetadata::Equals().

Regards

Antoine.

Re: Metadata orderedness?

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I think that orderedness should not matter for equality testing.
Semantically I think that this field is supposed to be dictionary-like
and the keys are intended to be unique (but this isn't stipulated in
Schema.fbs at the moment)