Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shenzhuxi <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/31 14:20:19 UTC

doesn't work

curl %solr_home% --data-binary "<commit/>" -H "Content-type:text/xml;
charset=utf-8"

It doesm't work to update. I have to restart solr to make update work. Do I
need to use:

curl %solr_home% --data-binary "<commit waitFlush="false"
waitSearcher="false"/>" -H "Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8"

"" can't be in "" in windows cmd

Re: doesn't work

Posted by shenzhuxi <sh...@gmail.com>.

Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2008 8:20 AM, shenzhuxi <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> curl %solr_home% --data-binary "<commit/>" -H "Content-type:text/xml;
>> charset=utf-8"
>>
>> It doesm't work to update. I have to restart solr to make update work. Do
>> need to use:
>>
>> curl %solr_home% --data-binary "<commit waitFlush="false"
>> waitSearcher="false"/>" -H "Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8"
>
> No, the params to commit are optional.
> What is %solr_home%... it should be the URL of the update handler:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/update
>
> And if you are familiar with UNIX, I'd advise downloading and working
> in something like cygwin to get the same environment.
>
> -Yonik

Thanks. I figure out now. It's the delete problem not the commit.

Re: doesn't work

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.