Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Nils Hoeller <ni...@arcor.de> on 2005/08/12 18:47:23 UTC

Site Content not indexed ? Nutch 0.7

Hi,

actually I thought the content of the pages,
is beeing indexed.

When I have a look with Luke at the
index of a Nutch Crawl, it says
contents not available.

When I search for a word in field "content"
that IS IN A SITE in the index,
it gives me no results.

Now I saw something in config files,
that contents is not yet beeing indexed!?

Whats correct? Is it my fault, do
I have to check some feature of crawl,
to index the contents ?
Is the contents field really not available?

Thanks for your help.

Nils

Re: Site Content not indexed ? Nutch 0.7

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Nils Hoeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> actually I thought the content of the pages,
> is beeing indexed.
>
> When I have a look with Luke at the
> index of a Nutch Crawl, it says
> contents not available.

Please try "reconstruct & Edit" button, and you should see some text
from the content. The plain text is NOT stored in Lucene index, it's
just indexed there - the text itself is stored in the segment parse_text.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><