Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Cool Techi <co...@outlook.com> on 2014/07/17 04:26:22 UTC

Inconsistant result's on solr cloud 4.8

Hi,
We are using solr cloud with solr version 4.8, we have 2 shard/2 replica servers in Solr Cloud. During two consecutive request to the solr cloud, the "total results" number varies.
1) As per my understanding this can happen when the leader and the replica have inconsistant number of results.
2) This inconsistant number of docs between leader and replica can happen only when replica is recovering. Should a request be sent to a node which is recovering.
Since this is happening on our live setup, we tend to question how much can we rely on solr. What could be causing this and what's the fix.
Regards

Re: Inconsistant result's on solr cloud 4.8

Posted by Joel Bernstein <jo...@gmail.com>.
Also, it would be a good idea to verify if the numDocs are in sync between
leaders and replicas. You can view this from the admin screens.

Joel Bernstein
Search Engineer at Heliosearch

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.