Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/04/14 16:33:25 UTC

[Jelly] Lessons from Gump part 2: Ant tags test swallow valuable information

Something that really caused me a lot of trouble while I should have
known about it (since I'm familiar enough with Ant).

The jelly-tags-ant build failed up until recently - and fails against
any released version of Ant 1.6.x - because Jelly doesn't set the
ant.file property that Ant expected to be set.  Patch for this in
lesson 3.

The main problem for me was that the stack traces visible in the build
log showed
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:186) as the
top most stack frame while the real exception happened somewhere
inside Ant.

Ant's <junit> task has a filtertrace attribute that is true by
default.  If set, Ant will filter out all stack-frames from inside Ant
and JUnit classes when printing the exceptions.  So for all jelly-tag
builds that use Ant indirectly - i.e. jelly-tags-ant and those derived
from it, the filtertrace attribute should be set to false.

I know that Jelly's build files have been generated by Maven but I
don't know whether it is possible to set this attribute via Maven.  It
would be nice if you could somehow change the build files for the Ant
and JSL tag libraries.

Stefan

[all] time to move to the new wiki...? [WAS Re: Commons::Net Wiki]

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
is it time for jakarta commons to move to the new wiki...?

- robert

Re: Commons::Net Wiki

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi rory