Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by bryand <br...@bldixon.net> on 2018/03/05 15:03:26 UTC

Broker-J 7.0.2 auto-creation policies

Do you have any documentation regarding the new Broker-J 7.0.2 virtual host
node auto-creation policies
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-8102)?   I looked in the broker
book but couldn't find anything about it.  It sounds like something we might
want to start utilizing.

Thanks
Bryan

Re: Broker-J 7.0.2 auto-creation policies

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

The node auto-creation policies have been added into Qpid Broker-J 6.1
as part of QPID-6954.
QPID-8102 simply added UI for creation/deletion/modification of
policies via Web Management Console.

Unfortunately we missed to add the documentation for policies into
Broker docbook. I hope we add it as part of one of the following
releases :)

The node auto-creation policy (as suggested by its name) can be used
to create automatically non-existing queues or exchanges with the
specified attributes if the name of queue/exchange matches the regular
expression (pattern) of policy

For example, if you have a node auto-creation policy with pattern
matching the names "test.*" and node type is set to"Queue" and both
createdOnPublish and createdOnConsume are set to true, than, on
attaching a sender/receiver link to target/source having address
"testQueue", the queue with name "testQueue" will be created if it
does not exists. The queue will be created with the attributes as
specified on node auto-creation policy.

Using policy settings "createdOnPublish", "createdOnConsume" you can
limit the queue/exchange creation either to sender or receiver or
both.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6954