Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2006/06/22 10:22:56 UTC

[users@httpd] BOF? Windows HTTP Technologies, ISAPI, ASP.NET

Serving MS technologies ON Windows with Apache, or for NON-Windows admins
needing to serve MS-style content using ISAPI, mono, etc...

Do you want or need a Birds of a Feather sessions to discuss issues, and kick
around questions and ideas?  Please speak up if you want this slotted, I'm
going to dictate 9pm-10pm, and our choices are Wed or Thurs evening.  Please
speak up if you are at ApacheCon dublin next week with plans to attend this,
and on which night you would prefer.  An additional topic I'd be happy that
we got together on is the extreme PAIN factor in building many open source
server-related projects for yourself, and debugging those fugly Dr Watson
results.

If I hear enough noise, we will find the room to meet on these subjects.  If
there is not enough interest we will not steal the room from another worthy
flock.

On Friday morning you are welcome to attend my Apache 2 on Windows which will
cover many basics of running Apache + additional components such as PHP, asp,
and so forth ON the Windows platform.  The BoF I propose is a bit too in-depth
to cover with that session's 50 minutes, so they are not redundant.

And please don't forget you can learn to write your own Apache Modules on Monday
(I'm sure it's not too late if you want to register for this terrific tutorial
presented by Nick Kew - which includes a draft of his forthcoming module
authoring *book*, and a guest appearance by yours, truly on some additional
protocol, mpm and win32-discrepancy authoring topics.)

http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
June 26th - June 30th, Dublin, IE

See you there!