Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bogdan Mocanu <bo...@delsyne.ro> on 2007/02/23 09:00:09 UTC

Re: Problem with missing CSS classes for subtags - solved

Hello Simon,

thanks for you answer. Indeed, the approach that you suggested

worked perfectly. So the CSS class defined like this:

.yearMonthHeader * {
   style-stuff
}

applies the style to the tag that has that class, as well as to all the

child tags of it.

Similar to your solution I also found the following CSS definitions:

/* Firefox */

tr[class=yearMonthHeader] > td {

    style stuff

}

/* IE */

* html tr.yearMonthHeader td {

   yearMonthHeader

}

Unfortunately these definitions apply only to the child <td> tags,

and they also require me to duplicate the CSS code. Not to

mention that they are browser dependant.

So clearly your solution is better. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Bogdan Mocanu.