Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2005/05/03 10:45:09 UTC

Re: Daisy plugin

On 26 Apr 2005, at 23:29, Ross Gardler wrote:

> The big advantage of Daisy over other CMS systems is that it
> compeltely separates the front end from the repository. The access
> control is done in the repository. However at present, for simplicity,
> the plugin uses the daisy-wiki interface to retrieve pages.
>
> A future version will add the ability to connect directly to the
> reposiitory via one of the API's (choose from Java, HTTP or
> Javascript). This will give us much more flexability with respect to
> the handling of access control and the structure of the documents.

Make sure to take a look at
http://cocoondev.org/daisydocs-1_3/repository/interfaces/21.html,
especially the /publisher/documentPage method. With a request parameter
includeNavigation=true|false, you can decide to include the navigation
tree (or not).

Authentication on the HTTP/XML back-end is required and should be done
using BASIC authentication - which is rather trivial using httpclient,
but I'm not sure how that could be achieved easily from a plain Cocoon
pipeline (which is what the current plugin does IIUC).

The easiest way to connect to the repo from a Java environment is the
Java API, of course, which is trivial to wrap in a flow script.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org