Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Clarence GUO <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 10:48:35 UTC

config error on Windows 7

Hi~
When I set up build ENV on Window7, I met a error when configure, what does
it mean?

Can't find MS Visual Studio / VC++ at ./oowintool line 236.
configure: error: oowintool failed to copy CRT

Cannot find VC. But I already saw configure said "checking the Microsoft
C/C++ Compiler... found "

Thanks,
Clarence

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by "jonasalfredsson@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
>The searched registry key does not exist, but registry key
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\VC
>exists which is somehow found by the oowintool - see <sub
>reg_get_value($)> in oowintool. I observed this situation on three
>Windows 7 machine (virtual ones and non-virtual ones) on which I have
>setup an AOO build environment.

>Did you found the same registry key on your system?

I found the key on my system aswell but in my case oowintool does not find
it.

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

> On 16.01.2014 18:28, jonasalfredsson@gmail.com wrote:
>> I got hold of a copy of Visual Studio Express 2008. With the configure
>> call
>> above 'oowintool' was called.
>> The Win SDK did not add the mentioned key to the registry, nor did Visual
>> Studio Express 2008 installer.
>>

> This wonders me as I have setup a system without any Visual Studio
> installed. The compiler comes with the Windows SDK. This system does not
> have the memntioned key in the registry and the configure works.
>
> I will have a closer look into the configure.

A closer look to the configure, the oowintool and also my Windows 7
registry reveals the following:
The searched registry key does not exist, but registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\VC
exists which is somehow found by the oowintool - see <sub
reg_get_value($)> in oowintool. I observed this situation on three
Windows 7 machine (virtual ones and non-virtual ones) on which I have
setup an AOO build environment.

Did you found the same registry key on your system?
Currently, I do not know what went wrong on your system.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 16.01.2014 17:32, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <or...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 16.01.2014 13:37, jonasalfredsson@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> The path exist, however there was a key missing in the registry.
>>> Installing Visual studio express did not add the key specifying where to
>>> find VC. I simply added the key oowintool was looking for on line 236.
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Setup\VC\ProductDir
>>> and gave it the value "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>>> 9.0\VC"
>>>

>> Hm..
>> What version of Visual Studio Express did you install?
>> Version 2008 which contains the compiler which is needed to build AOO is no
>> longer publicly available.
>>

> I thought it was available via the Windows SDK for Windows 7:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3138

The needed compiler comes with the Windows SDK, but not the Visual
Studio Express application.
For building AOO the compiler is needed, Visual Studio is not needed.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by "jonasalfredsson@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.

> On 17.09.2013 09:59, Clarence GUO wrote:
>> Thanks Oliver,
>> I reference this wiki (
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step#Windows_7)
>>
>> for build, seems no much difference with yours.
>
> This sample step-by-step guide is not mine.
> I adapted it according to the updated general and complete requirements
> which are referenced on this page.
>
> It looks like that my attempt is not complete as I did not adjusted the
> given sample configure call.
> The given sample configure call does not match with the changes I have
> made to the step-by-step guide

I have corrected the sample step-by-step guide.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Clarence GUO <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Oliver,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Clarence,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Clarence GUO <cl...@gmail.com>.
John,
Thanks for your information, I tried these two methods but they both don't
work at my side.
I'll check if there is some environment problem on my machine.

Thanks & BRs
Clarence

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by John O'Sullivan <os...@gmail.com>.
Clarence,

Re: config error on Windows 7

Posted by Ankit Tekriwal <an...@gmail.com>.
Clarence GUO <clarence.guo.bj <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi~
> When I set up build ENV on Window7, I met a error when configure, what
does
> it mean?
>
> Can't find MS Visual Studio / VC++ at ./oowintool line 236.
> configure: error: oowintool failed to copy CRT
>
> Cannot find VC. But I already saw configure said "checking the Microsoft
> C/C++ Compiler... found "
>
> Thanks,
> Clarence

Hi,

Did you get any solution for this. I am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Ankit