Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/21 00:10:33 UTC

Making progress on nighly build (Update)

I was able to generate a nightly build with bootstrap.xml.  This
checks out the project from CVS (HEAD) and builds using the build.xml
associated with that project.  It also copies the nightly tarballs to
the server using scp.

Here is a link to the nightlies: http://cvs.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/

There are three bundles:

1) source
2) binary
3) app

The app bundles consists of the regular examples, simple, tiles and
blank WAR files.  Soon as I get a chance, it will also include the WAP
example.

The tiles example isn't working yet but I'll square that away soon.

Also I could not get scp working with Ant and the private key.  So for
now I am using bootstrap.properies.local with the username and
password info.  My private key works fine with my SSH client.  I have
two private keys: one for Putty and one for SecureCRT.  Both work for
SSH and SCP with the client but not the ant task.  I'd appreciate any
ideas on how to get that working.

We'll need a chron script to purge the files.  I'll try to get that in
place soon.  I'm going to use the stuff Craig and James sent me as a
basis for that.  We'll also want to automate the actual running of the
bootstrap file.  The plan is to use Martin's server until Martin C.
and the @infra guys can come up with a dedicated ASF machine.

Finally, once I work out the last few bugs of the bootstrap script, we
should use it to generate and publish a new RC2 (using a tagged
version in CVS).

Regards,
sean

Re: Making progress on nighly build (Update)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Sean,

Sean Schofield wrote:
> I was able to generate a nightly build with bootstrap.xml.  This
> checks out the project from CVS (HEAD) and builds using the build.xml
> associated with that project.  It also copies the nightly tarballs to
> the server using scp.

cool to hear!

> Here is a link to the nightlies: http://cvs.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/

could you please use that link/directory?
http://myfaces.apache.org/builds/

> There are three bundles:
>
> 1) source
> 2) binary
> 3) app
>
> The app bundles consists of the regular examples, simple, tiles and
> blank WAR files.  Soon as I get a chance, it will also include the WAP
> example.
>
> The tiles example isn't working yet but I'll square that away soon.

the tiles example from "old" build works.
What is the problem with that?

> Also I could not get scp working with Ant and the private key.  So for
> now I am using bootstrap.properies.local with the username and
> password info.  My private key works fine with my SSH client.  I have
> two private keys: one for Putty and one for SecureCRT.  Both work for
> SSH and SCP with the client but not the ant task.  I'd appreciate any
> ideas on how to get that working.
>
> We'll need a chron script to purge the files.  I'll try to get that in
> place soon.  I'm going to use the stuff Craig and James sent me as a
> basis for that.  We'll also want to automate the actual running of the
> bootstrap file.  The plan is to use Martin's server until Martin C.
> and the @infra guys can come up with a dedicated ASF machine.

that would be very cool! ;)

> Finally, once I work out the last few bugs of the bootstrap script, we
> should use it to generate and publish a new RC2 (using a tagged
> version in CVS).

+1 ;)

> Regards,
> sean