Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by nmwp <ni...@wp.pl> on 2008/02/14 15:08:24 UTC

Any approach for nearly identical pages.

Hi!
I'm generating 2 pages. They're nearly identical. The only difference
between them is the subtitle: "original" on the first, and "copy" on the
second page. Is there some special approach for such cases, when only little
part of the text change between the pages?

-- nwp

Re: Any approach for nearly identical pages.

Posted by Jay Bryant <ja...@bryantcs.com>.
> Hi!
> I'm generating 2 pages. They're nearly identical. The only difference
> between them is the subtitle: "original" on the first, and "copy" on the
> second page. Is there some special approach for such cases, when only
> little
> part of the text change between the pages?
>
> -- nwp

>From the FO point of view, you have to create two pages.

However, if you're creating your FO from some kind of application, you can
set up the page and a paramater to hold the value that differs and then call
the page creator twice with different values for the parameter. That'll work
in XSLT with a named template or in C++ or Java with a method.

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services
http://www.bryantcs.com/