Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Hall <ch...@stockback.com> on 2000/12/13 00:08:28 UTC

Integration in JBuilder

This is reviving an old thread from late October.

First off, there are a number of useful OpenTools for JBuilder at:
http://andersnorlin.tripod.com/
More specifically there is a good tool to incorporate Ant in JBuilder at:
http://www.dieter-bogdoll.de/java/AntRunner

Unfortunately, this tool has not been quite right for my purposes (for
various reasons).  So my solution is to have a number of different
Configurations under Run Projects.  Each configuration compiles a different
EJB in our code, all based on the same ant build file.  We currently access
this ant file thorugh a number of scripts (one for each EJB) that pass a
number of parameters to the ant build file.  I have been able to duplicate
the scripts exactally in JBuilder and things are working for 8 out of 9 of
the EJBs.  The last EJB has a few more files to compile and it doesn't seem
to be doing everything it should be.

Lets say the directory contains a bunch of files:
/svc/Foo.java
/svc/MerchantBean.java
etc etc.

Only those files that start with "Merchant" (including ones that are not
part of the bean) are being compiled.

The relevant ant build code is this:

<target name="compile" depends="init">
  <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
         destdir="${build.dir}"
         classpath="${classpath}"
         debug="on" deprecation="on" >

    <include name="**/${module.name}*,**/svc/*" />

  </javac>
</target>

where ${module.name} is "Merchant"

I would think that the **/${module.name}* part would compile all files
starting with Merchant in the whole tree structure, while the **/svc/* part
would make sure that all files in the /svc/ directory would get compiled no
mater what name they start with.  In other words, these two parts should
interact in an "or" fashion, but they seem to be acting in an "and" fashion.
The other complication is that things are working fine, with the same build
file, in my shell scripts.  Argh.

Anyway, thanks for your help and patience with this long winded e-mail.

--Chris

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by
attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, contact
the author immediately.