Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pavan Sudheendra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/29 16:33:52 UTC

Is hadoop tread safe?

Hi all,

Is hadoop thread safe? Do mappers make use of threads in any chance? A
little bit of information on the way they execute in parallel would help me
out. Thanks.

Regards,
Pavan

Re: Is hadoop tread safe?

Posted by Dinkar Sitaram <di...@gmail.com>.
This comment (from
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12504690/how-to-run-hadoop-multithread-way-in-single-jvm
)
may also be relevant:

"Hadoop purposely does not run more than one task at the same time in one
JVM for isolation purposes. And in stand-alone (local) mode, only one JVM
is ever used. If you want to make use of your four cores, you should run in
pseudo-distributed mode, and increase the max number of concurrent tasks to
four. You can do this with the mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum and
mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum properties."

Re: Is hadoop tread safe?

Posted by Dinkar Sitaram <di...@gmail.com>.
This comment (from

Re: Is hadoop tread safe?