Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Shinde, Uma" <Um...@divine.com> on 2002/02/08 19:49:35 UTC

FW: JDK 1.4 and Xalan

This problem is not restricted to SUN/JDK 1.4 alone. All App servers ship with some version of xerces and xalan (or other implementations of JAXP) - several versions older than the latest. And of course they also tell you not to modify the classpath to use the later versions. See attached FAQ from BEA - which ships with xerces 1.3.1 and xalan 2.0.1 in WL6.1

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/faq/xml.html#740785