Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Benoit Segaert <be...@uniway.be> on 2002/03/08 17:17:36 UTC

Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null

I have the following config:

  <form-bean      name="offerForm"
                    type="be.uniway.spofferlt.OfferForm"/>

  </form-beans>

  <action-mappings>

    <action    path="/newOffer"
               type="be.uniway.spofferlt.NewOfferAction"
               name="offerForm"
              scope="request"
           validate="false">
     <forward name="success"  path="/jsp/offer.jsp"/>
    </action>

    <action    path="/registrationOffer"
               type="be.uniway.spofferlt.RegistrationOfferAction"
              scope="request" >
     <forward name="success"  path="/jsp/offerList.jsp"/>
    </action>
 </action-mappings>

My offer.jsp is the following:

My class be.uniway.spofferlt.NewOfferAction received the form OfferForm
and I can
set some attributes with setters. The getters are also available.
The method perform() of  NewOfferAction finishs with the following line:

        return (mapping.findForward("success"));

I receive the error "Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null" at
this moment.

Could you help me?
I didn't find a answer in the mailinglist.

Benoit

Re: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null

Posted by Rajagopal V <ja...@yahoo.com>.
if u need the form in your offer.jsp(the one you are
forwarding from NewOfferAction), you shud have this in
your config file

    <action    path="/registrationOffer"
type="be.uniway.spofferlt.RegistrationOfferAction"
            name="offerForm"
              scope="request" >
     <forward name="success"
path="/jsp/offerList.jsp"/>
    </action>

This way, you have the Form forwarded to offer.jsp,

HTH