Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Maciej Zawadzki <mb...@urbancode.com> on 2003/01/15 22:15:57 UTC

Forking the exec task

Hello,

I am trying to basically fork the exec task so that Ant does not wait
for it to return.  Why?  Because I would like to use Ant to start a
server type application and I would like the Ant script to return even
though the started application is still running.

Maybe there is a simple way to do this or maybe there is a good reason
why this should not be done.  I've looked into using the <parallel> task
but that does not do the job.

A quick search through the email list archives reveals very little on
this topic.

Thanks for any help,

--Maciej
http://www.urbancode.com