Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as> on 2012/02/24 04:01:16 UTC

Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Hey Everybody!

I wanted to formally introduce Justin Mclean as our newest project
committer and PPMC Member.  Justin is the director of Class Software and a
world traveler -- teaching classes on Flex and Arduinos.  Justin is also a
certified Adobe Instructor and Expert for both Flex and ColdFusion.

As you can see, he has wasted no time and has already been contributing
some much needed localization resources :)

-Nick Kwiatkowski
 Apache Flex PPMC Member

Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Posted by Pierangelo Mancusi <pi...@gmail.com>.
..it happens :-)
Il giorno 24/feb/2012 17:59, "Jeffry Houser" <je...@dot-com-it.com> ha
Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur
http://www.flextras.com?c=104
http://www.theflexshow.com
http://www.jeffryhouser.com
http://www.asktheflexpert.com
--
Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust

>> On 2/24/2012 11:40 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:
>> The quickest way to become a committer or PPMC of the Flex project is
>> to start opening tickets and submitting patches via JIRA.  Anybody who
>> does won't be unnoticed :)
>
>  I'm pretty sure you meant either
> "Anybody who doesn't won't be noticed" or "Anybody who does will be
noticed"

That's what he said ;) (though it should really have been " Anybody who does
won't go unnoticed")

David.

Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
The quickest way to become a committer or PPMC of the Flex project is to
start opening tickets and submitting patches via JIRA.  Anybody who does
won't be unnoticed :)

-Nick

Posted by Charles Monteiro <ch...@monteirosfusion.com>.

--
Charles A. Monteiro
www.monteirosfusion.com

Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.
Congratulations Justin!

yours
Martin.

Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the for the welcome.

To get things started I've created a "patches" branch of the frameworks directory. To this I've checked in:
1. A new en_AU and en_GB locale (thanks goes to David for the en_GB files)
2. Changes the build framework script so that it will compile the 4.6 SDK against flash player version 10.2,10.3,11.0,11.1 and 11.2 beta.

If you want to use this branch you can either:

From a terminal window:
1. change directory to the checked out version of the framework
2. svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/branches/patches .

Or from within Flash Builder (using subclipse plugin):
1. right click on the frameworks directory, select "Team", "Switch to another Tag/Branch/Revision..."
2. Enter "https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/branches/patches" as to URL...
3. Press OK

If you want to compile the SDK for a different locale or flash player version just edit the values in build.properties and run the build_framework.xml ANT script. (Either from within FB or via a terminal).

For how to check out the framework as a Flash Builder project see this previous email:
http://markmail.org/message/mdulin5evouw77sf

Note that the instruction for building from within Flash Builder are slightly different from what is contained inside the current README.txt

Check it out the branch and have a play. I'd like to encourage people to start entering issues and patches into JIRA and we'll start applying them to this branch.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Welcome new PPMC Member & Committer, Justin Mclean

Posted by Tink <fl...@tink.ws>.
On 24 Feb 2012, at 03:01, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Hey Everybody!
>
> I wanted to formally introduce Justin Mclean as our newest project
> committer and PPMC Member.  Justin is the director of Class Software
> and a
> world traveler -- teaching classes on Flex and Arduinos.  Justin is
> also a
> certified Adobe Instructor and Expert for both Flex and ColdFusion.
>
> As you can see, he has wasted no time and has already been
> contributing
> some much needed localization resources :)
>
> -Nick Kwiatkowski
> Apache Flex PPMC Member

Good to have you on board Justin. Another step forward for Apache Flex.

Tink