Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prakash Rao Banuka <pr...@simplifydc.com> on 2014/04/29 21:26:57 UTC

How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Hi,

One of VMs root volume is getting filled,How to increase the size of root volume (Cloudstack 4.2.0)

Thank you
Prakash

Re: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 02.05.2014 00:59, Marcus wrote:
> Only for KVM, nobody has picked up the work to extend it to other
> hypervisors, yet, as far as I know.

Oh, right, I believe someone said he would do it for XenServer but I
guess other things got in the way. Maybe in the next release.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 01.05.2014 18:00, Prakash Rao Banuka wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Is this method advisable to resize the root volume of an instance.
>
> http://www.techmediaconsulting.com/index.php/web-design/cloudstack-citrix-cloudplatform-volume-extension
>

> Thank you
> Prakash

It looks like it might work, but  I would do it on a test VM first and
make sure to take a backup of your DB before you start, just in case.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

RE: How to increase size of root volume in Cloud stack 4.2.0

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
try this: