Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Martin Denham <Ma...@ft.com> on 2000/09/06 11:03:27 UTC

Can DDCreator .ser destination directory be same as DD file directory

Hi,

I am new to ant so I may be missing something (but I already think ant is
great).  Is there any way to make the .ser files generated by DDCreator go to
the same directory that the deployment descriptor was found in?

If I use the 'dest' attribute all the generated .ser files go into the same
directory.

Martin

* Please visit the web site of the Financial Times at:              *
*                         http://www.ft.com                         *
* This E-Mail is intended for the use of the addressee only and may *
* contain confidential information. If you are not the intended     *
* recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination  *
* of this communication is strictly prohibited.                     *
* If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us       *
* immediately then delete this E-Mail.                              *                                    *
* postmaster@ft.com                                                 *

RE: Can DDCreator .ser destination directory be same as DD file directory

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Martin,

ddcreator grew out of the process I was using to build EJBs. As such it is a
little limited on options and flexibility. At present, it is set up to dump
all the .ser files into the directory. I think that made sense with the way
we were putting our jar together for WL451. I have since moved onto 5.1 so I
am not using ddcreator much anymore. Anyway, you can change how it works
with respect to where it dumps .ser files if that makes more sense in your
environment, an you feel inclined to play with the code.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Conor