Posted to user@poi.apache.org by David Lucas <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/30 04:34:27 UTC

Java POI HSSF issue with Excel Outline and Expand/Collapse

Hi All,

I'm running into an issue with Excel Outlining using POI HSSF. I create
three groups with "Test1" being the root node. I collapse each group as well
using setRowGroupCollapsed. However, when I expand the first node on the
Excel File generated, all the other nodes are also expanded. Is there a
setting to prevent this? I would like to have all levels collapsed and if I
expand the first level, the lower levels should remain collapsed until I
expand them. Below is my test code and any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
sheet.setAlternativeExpression(false);
sheet.setRowSumsBelow(false);

Row excelRow = null;
Cell excelCell = null;

excelRow = sheet.createRow( 0 );
excelCell = excelRow.createCell( 0 );
excelCell.setCellValue( "Test 1" );

excelRow = sheet.createRow( 1 );
excelCell = excelRow.createCell( 1 );
excelCell.setCellValue( "Test 2" );

excelRow = sheet.createRow( 2 );
excelCell = excelRow.createCell( 2 );
excelCell.setCellValue( "Test 3" );

excelRow = sheet.createRow( 3 );
excelCell = excelRow.createCell( 3 );
excelCell.setCellValue( "Test 4" );

sheet.groupRow( 1, 3 );
sheet.groupRow( 2, 3 );
sheet.groupRow( 3, 3 );

sheet.setRowGroupCollapsed( 1, true );
sheet.setRowGroupCollapsed( 2, true );
sheet.setRowGroupCollapsed( 3, true );

RE: Java POI HSSF issue with Excel Outline and Expand/Collapse

Posted by "Bittard, Julien" <ju...@logica.com>.
Thank you for your response.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi -

You submit the patch in a bug report to the Apache Bugzilla at https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Start your subject with "[Patch]" - someone will look it over to see
how it applies - once it is in bugzilla it won't be lost.

I think that recently work was done by someone else with
RecordsAggregate - but my memory is fuzzy - you can search the mail
lists at nabble.com in Nabble 1 (old nabble)

Regards,
Dave

On Jun 16, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Bittard, Julien wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I don't know how to submit my patch.
> I look at the lastest trunk but there is not.
> Thank you.

>>> sheet.groupRow( 2, 3 );

Posted by "Bittard, Julien" <ju...@logica.com>.
Hello,