Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Cronin <Ti...@autonomy.com> on 2010/08/27 21:02:43 UTC

good example of disabling caching without moding code?

We need to disable certain caches for an application depending on the
system setup.

Can this be achieved through configuration or by creating a memory
plugin?

If by plugin anyone have a good example, was looking at extending the
LRUMemoryCache
And the just overriding the specific get and set but it's not clear
which functions
Are leveraged by the composit cache for this.

Thanks.

this seems like a bug

Posted by Tim Cronin <Ti...@autonomy.com>.
In IndexedDiskCacheAttributes (from jad)

    public AuxiliaryCacheAttributes copy()
    {
      try
      {
        return (AuxiliaryCacheAttributes)clone();
      }
      catch(Exception e)
      {
        return this;
      }
    }

Would expect that CloneNotSupportedException means the system is
foobared but
With any other exception returning "this" could create even more
problems and
Not be easily tracked down.

RE: good example of disabling caching without moding code?

Posted by Tim Cronin <Ti...@autonomy.com>.
Thanks I'm trying with the base AuxCachFactory AuxCache and MemoryCache
interfaces.

I'll post if it works.

> We need to disable certain caches for an application depending on the
> system setup.
>
> Can this be achieved through configuration or by creating a memory
> plugin?

I would try to set the cache sizes for the respective caches to 0 and
see what happens.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: good example of disabling caching without moding code?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.