Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henry Kwan <sp...@mail.designmedia.com> on 2004/08/05 02:18:38 UTC

Whitelisting or trusting a SquirrelMail frontend...

Hi,

Is there a way to whitelist a SquirrelMail frontend machine?

A recent email got FP tagged as spam even though the user had send the email
via the SquirrelMail web frontend (with an Earthlink account to access the
web page).  How can I make it so that any email sent via the web frontend
gets trusted or whitelisted?

I have trusted_networks set to my IP block but that didn't seem to work in
this case.

Thanks.

--Henry Kwan

P.S. By the way, this was the scoring:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 0.2 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
-0.0 BAYES_44               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 44 to 50%
                            [score: 0.4986]
 3.5 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DIALUP   RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
                            [209.86.2.85 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]
 2.6 RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK      RBL: Sent directly from dynamic IP address
                            [209.86.2.85 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 0.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL          RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
                            [209.86.2.85 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]
 0.5 RCVD_IN_SORBS          RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.sorbs.net
                            [209.86.2.85 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 1.2 PRIORITY_NO_NAME       Message has priority setting, but no X-Mailer
-1.1 AWL                    AWL: Auto-whitelist adjustment

Re: Whitelisting or trusting a SquirrelMail frontend...

Posted by Henry Kwan <sp...@mail.designmedia.com>.
So what is the problem?  The way it's setup, I have SquirrelMail running on
my webserver so my users can check their mail from anywhere that they have
web access.  But in this instance, a user was dialed up from Earthlink and
her email that she sent using SquirrelMail got tagged as spam because of the
Earthlink dialup.  What I was wondering was if there was a way to tell SA
that any emails that are from the SquirrelMail frontend machine should be
whitelisted/trusted even if the user is dialing in from an account known to
the RBLs.

Thanks.

Posted by Cirelle Enterprises <gc...@cirelle.com>.