Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/08/20 00:59:05 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbyLruCacheManager" by GokulSoundararajan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by GokulSoundararajan:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyLruCacheManager

  == Status/Updates ==

+
+
+ === August 19, 2006 ===
+
+ I have done a bit in the last month. I have two different implementations of CacheManager: (1) the PluggableCache and (2) ClockProCache. The ClockProCache is my implementation of the ClockPro algorithm within the Derby CacheManager interface. The PluggableCache is my attempt to separate the cache implementation from the replacement policy. The nice thing is that many policies can easily be tried with this approach.
+
+ To conclude my summer work, I have written a report detailing my efforts [http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~gokul/derby/derby-report-aug-19-2006.pdf PDF]. In addition, I have placed by code here [http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~gokul/derby/code/aug-19-2006/ CODE]. There is much more work to do. I will continue working on this addition to Apache Derby.
+
+
  === July 31, 2006 ===

  With some simple code changes, I modified the mirrored cache implementation to have almost no overhead (only 1% now).
@@ -39, +48 @@

  Graphs:
  [http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~gokul/soc/final-impl-results.png PNG]
  [http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~gokul/soc/final-impl-results.pdf PDF]