Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/07/13 19:43:39 UTC

July Board Report

The July Board Report is due Wednesday 14 July (tomorrow). I have
written a draft at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2010
(reproduced below). Please let me know if you want to make any changes
or additions.

Thanks,
Tom

= Whirr =
Whirr provides code for running a variety of software services on
cloud infrastructure.

Whirr was accepted into the incubator on 11 May 2010. Status
information is available at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html.

Progress since the last report:
There has been steady development, with 17 JIRA issues having been
resolved since the last report.
The next step is to make a release.

Plans for the next period:
 * Do an initial 0.1.0 release.
 * Set up the website.

Top three items to resolve before graduation:
 * Increase community involvement in the project
 * Make several incubating releases
 * Support at least three services on Whirr

Re: July Board Report

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> +1, lgtm. Did you want to mention the hackathon? (community building)

Just added a note about it. Thanks.

Tom

Re: July Board Report

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.