Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/02 14:37:11 UTC

DistributeLoad across a NiFi cluster

We would like to employ a DistributeLoad processor, restricted to run on
the primary node of our cluster. Is there a recommended approach employed
to efficiently distribute across nodes in the cluster?

As I understand it, and using a FetchFile running in "all nodes" as the
first processor following the DistributeLoad, I can have it distribute by
round robin, next available, or load distribution service.  Can anyone
provide a link to an example that employs the load distribution service? Is
that the recommended distribution approach when running in clustered mode?

I am interested in maintaining load balance across my cluster nodes when
running at high flowfile volumes. Flow files will vary greatly in contents,
so I'd like to design with an approach that helps me balance processing
distribution.

Thanks very much in advance. -Jim

Re: DistributeLoad across a NiFi cluster

Posted by dan young <da...@gmail.com>.
If you're going to upgrade, I would recommend jumping to the latest
version, 1.9.2 as of today. We ran into some issues in 1.8 with this
feature that was fixed in 1.9.x. We're running 1.9.2 now with this feature
now in production.

Regards

Dano

Posted by Jo...@swisscom.com.

Posted by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Williams, Jim" <jw...@alertlogic.com>.
Edward,

Documentation on this feature may be found here: https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#settings

Warm regards,
Jim Williams
________________________________
Is this functionality documented anywhere do you know? As I've had a quick look through the documentation and I haven't seen this.

Edward

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 5:33 PM James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Excellent - thanks very much Andrew. This is my first crack at working with a clustered configuration, and I guess that shows by my question. Outstanding - thanks again.

[...]

Confidentiality Notice | This email and any included attachments may be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorized. If you believe you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Re: DistributeLoad across a NiFi cluster

Posted by Edward Armes <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.