Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Galbayar <ga...@mobicom.mn> on 2002/03/07 10:42:50 UTC

Autentication with digest password(Urgent!)

I setup Tomcat 4.0.3 on Win2000 with JDBCRealm and a mysql-database. Using plain passwords, everything works fine. But I would like digest my password in the database. how to make this? can u give me step by step tutorial?

Thank in advance

Re: Autentication with digest password(Urgent!)

Posted by Christian Froehler <Ch...@epost.de>.
In the tomcat 3.3 documentation, there is a JDBCRealm-howto that also
describes how to use digested passwords. I don't know if this is still
working for tomcat4?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/JDBCRealm-howto.html

Christian

Posted by Joaquín Sánchez Jiménez <qu...@fi2net.com>.
Hi:

Use java.security API.

Supposing "my_password" is a string:

MessageDigest disgest = MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5");
byte[] pwd_digest = digest.digest(my_password.getBytes());

You have "my_password" digested in "pwd_digest".

Bye.

Joaquín.