Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <am...@apache.org> on 2008/12/15 15:21:51 UTC

Cayenne 3.0M5 released today

Milestone 5 marks another set of major achievements for the Cayenne
ORM library. A successful GSoC project resulted in lots of very useful
improvements to the Cayenne Modeler. It is looking better than ever,
with time saving features such as autocomplete, copy/paste, syntax
colouring and much more. Cayenne core has had a host of bug fixes to
ROP and EJBQL in particular, but also fixes and new features across
many areas. Database reverse engineering is also considerably improved.

As always, continue to use Cayenne 2 if you want a stable release with
a proven history, however Cayenne 3 is in use in a number of live
commercial deployments with great success and stability. As we getting
closer to the final 3.0 release, there aren't any API changes in
3.0M5, so upgrading from 3.0M4 should be painless. We recommend all
users of 3.0 milestones upgrade to this release. If you are upgrading
from 2.x, then please read the release notes [1].

M5 Release notes [2]
Download [3]

Please send us your feedback, bug reports and feature requests. We've
enjoyed creating this release and we hope it helps you create exciting
websites, applications and tools.

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10120
[3] http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

Ari Maniatis

RE: Cayenne 3.0M5 released today

Posted by Theresa Stewart <ts...@smausa.com>.
Congratulations!

Theresa Stewart
Software Programmer

Software & Management Associates
3939 Glade Valley Drive, Suite 200
Kingwood, Texas 77339-2060

281-446-5000
281-312-6627 Direct Voice
281-312-6674 Direct Fax
www.smausa.com tstewart@smausa.com
OpCon/xps - "The Universal Remote of Event-Driven Automation"

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic guys, I can't wait to try it out.

It has been great to see the Cayenne project and team grow, and the
very high level of quality you are achieving with this framework.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Laurent Marchal <co...@genux.fr>.

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to all team members!!!

-Borut

Posted by "Florin T.PATRASCU" <fl...@rogers.com>.
Congratulations!!!!!

We moved from Hibernate to Cayenne and never look back since then.

Awesome project and awesome team!

V/r
-florin

--