Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/14 22:59:22 UTC

Resource files are not overwritten

I have two resource directories set up via...

        <resources>
            <resource>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <directory>src/main/resources-${env}</directory>
            </resource>
        </resources>

The env var is set via a selected profile.  The problem occurs when there is
a file in both of the resources directories.  I would expect the one in the
second directory would over write the first but this is not the case.  It is
always ignored.  If I remove the resource from the first directory then the
resource with the same name is used from the second resource directory.

Any ideas?

Nathan

Re: Resource files are not overwritten

Posted by Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com>.
In a profile.

        <profile>
            <id>env-qa</id>
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>env</name>
                    <value>qa</value>
                </property>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <env>qa</env>
            </properties>
        </profile>

        <profile>
            <id>env-prod</id>
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>env</name>
                    <value>prod</value>
                </property>
            </activation>
            <properties>
                <env>prod</env>
            </properties>
        </profile>

Like I said this works fine because it will pick up all the files in the
resources-${env} directory as long as they are not in the standard resources
directory.

Nathan

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
where is ${env} defined?