Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Chen <me...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/13 04:34:28 UTC

Is there a way to organize pages in a large project by CURRENT version of Tapestry?

Hi, all

I evaluated tapestry since last year, and it's really useful. But
right now I am doing a large project with more the 10 subsystems and
may be more than 500+ pages. Obviously I should organize them in
different  sub-directorties. But right now, I cannot find a clear way
to do it.

I know that the version 3.1 will solve this problem naturely. But I
really don't know when it will be released, since my project is
emergency. So anybody can give me some advice to do it?

ps. I searched through TheServerSide.com, and found that they are in
diffenent folders such as     /discussions/index.tss,
/talks/index.tss;, ...etc, so I am sure that this can be done.

TIA,
Michael Chen

Re: Image from BLOB

Posted by David Solis <h....@gmail.com>.
Please see the chart example at Workbench. It is implemented with a
Asset (ChartAsset) and a Service (ChartService).

Regards

D.

Image from BLOB

Posted by Detlef Schulze <de...@jaide.de>.
Hi,

--
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars
Oscar Wilde

Re: preselection with @PropertySelection

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 14, 2004, at 5:14 AM, sarah.simbad@women-at-work.org wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> How can I achieve a preselection of @PropertySelection,
> e.g. if a member wants to edit his information  using a combobox/drop
> down
> box.
>

> Or does it already do that ?

It already does that :)  Simply have the 'value' parameter bound to an
object that matches something in the 'model'.

	Erik

preselection with @PropertySelection

Posted by sa...@women-at-work.org.
Hello again!

How can I achieve a preselection of @PropertySelection,
e.g. if a member wants to edit his information  using a combobox/drop down
box.

Or does it already do that ?

Sarah

Re: Wizard-like form

Posted by Raffaele Cigni <rc...@byte-code.com>.
The best way is:

public void submitPage1(IR cycle) {
	Page2 page2 = (Page) getPage("Page2");
	page2.setFirstName(name);
	page2.setLastName(surname);

	cycle.active(page2);
}

remember:

<!-- Page2.page -->

<property-specification name="firstName" type="java.lang.String"
persistent='yes'/>
<property-specification name="lastName" type="java.lang.String"
persistent='yes'/>

<!-- Page2.java -->

class abstract Page2 extends ... {

	public abstract String getFirstName();
	public abstract String getLastName();

	public abstract void setFirstName(String value);
	public abstract void setLastName(String value);

	... and other stuff ...
}

this system use the session.

Raffaele Cigni <rc...@byte-code.com>

Wizard-like form

Re: Is there a way to organize pages in a large project by CURRENT version of Tapestry?

Posted by Michael Chen <me...@gmail.com>.
Oh I realy made a mistake that the FriendlyUrl patch had solve the
problem as Jamie described. Thanks Jamie and I will go through the
FriendUrl and do some tests.

Thanks,
Michael Chen

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.

Posted by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com>.
Michael, dont let tss.com lead you do any conclusions. If I remember
correctly Howard used re-writes and other stuff so that ALL the old
URLS from the original tss site still worked. This in now way shows
how the backend is set up, which is both good and bad for us that are
looking to see what tapestry can do,

-Nick

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Michael Chen <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr>.

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
You can just declare the location of the pages in the .application file:

<page name="CourseCatalog"
specification-path="/WEB-INF/catalog/CourseCatalog.page"/>

I believe there is an extension someone made to tapestry that allows it
to automatically search subdirectories. Search the list or the Wiki.

You might also want to look at the Friendly URLs patch.

Jamie