Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "Erbs, Nicolai" <ni...@logica.com> on 2008/08/05 14:03:39 UTC

can't run annotator code

I have a problem get the example code running. I am using Eclipse and
there have been no problems including UIMA in Eclipse. I can add the
UIMA nature and I can edit descriptors. But when I want to run it, there
is no button for running with "UIMA CAS Visual Debugger". There is even
no other possibility to run it as a Java application.

Is there something wrong with the installation? The UIMA and the EMF
plugins are installed by Eclipse and I'm using Eclipse SDK version 3.4.

Thanks,

Nico

Re: can't run annotator code

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
There is even
> no other possibility to run it as a Java application.

Can you run some Java application ?

-- Tong

Re: can't run annotator code

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
Try the following steps from the Eclipse's menu:
 - Run -> Open Run Dialog...
 - The "Run" dialog is open. On the left, you will see something like
Eclipse Application, Java Application, etc.
 - Expand "Java Application". Voila "UIMA CAS Visual Debugger" :)

- Tong

RE: can't run annotator code

Posted by "Erbs, Nicolai" <ni...@logica.com>.
Thank you very much for your help. It works now!
It was possible to run java applications but there weren't any other
choices like "UIMA CAS Visual Debugger". Adding the example to the
workspace solved it!

Re: can't run annotator code

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.