Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by fa...@linagora.com on 2007/08/18 11:55:04 UTC

wsdl2java NPE for liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl

Hello,
(I'm a complete beginner with CXF/JAXB and even webservices, so perhaps I
missed something obvious).

I would like to build an "Liberty Alliance" enabled application
[http://www.projectliberty.org/] ("Liberty" is a federation protocol which
managed identity federation, Single Sign On, etc). To achieve that goal,
my application need to be compliant with Project Liberty's WSDL and
schema:
http://www.projectliberty.org/index.php/liberty/resource_center/specifications/liberty_alliance_specifications_support_documents_and_utility_schema_files
(for now, I just care of "ID-FF" resources (identity federation
framework)), and more precisely
http://www.projectliberty.org/liberty/content/download/1231/7997/file/liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl

So, I attempt to generate all the java classes from the WSDL with
wsdl2java tool of CXF 2.0.1, but it doesn't work, and I don't know where
to begin to try to correct the problem.
When I run the tool, it raise this exception:
8<-----------------------------------------------------------------
$wsdl2java -verbose liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl
wsdl2java -verbose liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl
wsdl2java - 2.0.1-incubator

WSDLToJava Error : java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to create wsdl
definition from :
file:/home/fanf/tmp/test_cxf_liberty/liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl
Caused by : null

org.apache.cxf.tools.common.ToolException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Fail to create wsdl definition from :
file:/home/fanf/tmp/test_cxf_liberty/liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl
Caused by : null
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaContainer.java:242)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.common.toolspec.ToolRunner.runTool(ToolRunner.java:83)
        at org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.run(WSDLToJava.java:102)
at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.main(WSDLToJava.java:171)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to create wsdl definition from
: file:/home/fanf/tmp/test_cxf_liberty/liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl Caused
by : null
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLDefinitionBuilder.parseWSDL(WSDLDefinitionBuilder.java:131)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLDefinitionBuilder.build(WSDLDefinitionBuilder.java:112)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.wsdl11.JAXWSDefinitionBuilder.build(JAXWSDefinitionBuilder.java:90)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.frontend.jaxws.wsdl11.JAXWSDefinitionBuilder.build(JAXWSDefinitionBuilder.java:63)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaContainer.java:143)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaContainer.java:234)
        ... 3 more
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseImport(Unknown Source) at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLDefinitionBuilder.parseWSDL(WSDLDefinitionBuilder.java:123)
        ... 8 more
8<-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know that schema definition are quite complex, perhaps I need to
do/configure somethings ?
Any help or link to documentation would really much appreciated :)

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: wsdl2java NPE for liberty-idff-wsdl-v1.1.wsdl

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
> Hi,
>
> I tested <wsdl:imort> for very simple schema, but it does not work at all in
> any case.

As I said in the previous email, it should work, I tested it yesterday,
there's no problem
if you have a case which failed, then it's possibly a bug, please file
an issue on jira

> <types/schema/import> worked OK for simple schema and the absolute
> path also worked OK. But if XSD is complcated, it does not work, I upload
> one wsdl file wsdl2java failed to generate code.

Ok, I'm testing it, if it failed, I'll file a jira, latter if you found
any issues, please report it in the jira as well

> Also CXF wsdl2java does not
> work with http proxy.
Again, please file a jira, and brief your descriptions

Regards,
James

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
We use the wsdl4j to parse the wsdl and schemas, the error message
simply said that wsdl4j can not parse the schema, the reason it can not
parse the schema is that it can not get it.

I found that the  "extension-types.xsd" is using a relative path, the
location is relative to the document

http://localhost/xsd/get-csta-features.xsd

That could be the reason, I've to check the code, and will file an issue.

Regards,
James

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Here you go https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1140

Regards,
James

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.

> I have the same issue. According to the WSDL 1.1 spec
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl), WSDL can import xsd by using <wsdl:import>, but
> CXF wsdl2java throws exception.
Sure, we do support this, *but* make sure the attribute is *location*,
not the *schemaLocation*

> Another thing I am having a problem in
> //types/schema is CXF wsdl2java does not recognize absolute schemaLocation.
> Even if I specified the absolute path, it always complains with:

No,  it do support the absolute location,

> [java] Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException (at
> /definitions/types/xsd:schema[1]/xsd:schema/xsd:schema):
> faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to locate with a locator the schema referenced
> 'http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3/csta.xsd'
> relative to document base 'http://135.9.30.73/avayaxsd/get-device.xsd'

Is the network accessible?

Posted by hj <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have the same issue. According to the WSDL 1.1 spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl), WSDL can import xsd by using <wsdl:import>, but
CXF wsdl2java throws exception. Another thing I am having a problem in

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
If you want to import schema, you have to put the <import> inside the
//types/schema node, e.g

    <wsdl:types>
    <xsd:schema>
        <xsd:import
namespace="http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http/types"
schemaLocation="schema1.xsd"/>
    </xsd:schema>
    </wsdl:types>

Also, you can turn on the -validate to see the exact reason why the
wsdl2java failed.

Hope this helps
James

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
I'm getting the same error that you are getting.  Running that WSDL on
GlassFish Metro (using the Ant file listed under #5 here[1]) also
generates an error, except we get a clue to the possible problem:

[wsimport] [ERROR] Unable to parse
"oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd" : /home/gmazza/workspace/testws/oasis-sstc-saml-schema-assertion-1.1.xsd (No such file or directory)
 [wsimport]   line 11 of file:/home/gmazza/workspace/testws/liberty.wsdl

The above file is one of the three that are imported by that WSDL (maybe
it can't read the other two either, but is just complaining about this
one, I don't know.)  I don't know where to download those three files, I
can't seem to find them from the site you are mentioning.

HTH,
Glen

[1] http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/using_the_ebay_shopping_api1