Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by zhouxy1123 <zh...@sina.com> on 2018/04/21 13:09:27 UTC

Why Ignite SQL can not support transactional mode transaction

 hi
 I know that Ignite support transactional mode transaction as KV store, then
why SQL not support?

Re: Why Ignite SQL can not support transactional mode transaction

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

In short, Apache Ignite's SQL engine executes DML statements on top of
committed data without creating a snapshot. So, in order to provide fully
transactional SQL, SQL engine should be built on top of new MVCC protocol.
Please take a look at the following Ignite enhancement proposal (IEP):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-3%3A+Transactional+SQL

Thanks.

Re: Why Ignite SQL can not support transactional mode transaction

Posted by zhouxy1123 <zh...@sina.com>.
hi vkulichenko

I may not express myself clearly,What I mean is that since KV storage
supports transactions, why doesn't SQL support transactional transactions?
Dose Transaction impact other session‘s select SQL?

Re: Why Ignite SQL can not support transactional mode transaction

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
This is being developed now, here is the ticket you can track:

-Val