Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com> on 2002/01/14 10:11:23 UTC

Latest cvs version fails on sitemap compile

I've updated my version from CVS.
After a build.sh clean and a build and a startup in tomcat 4, I get this
error (in the logs) when accessing http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ .

ERROR   (2002-01-14) 09:52.41:904   [sitemap] (/cocoon/welcome)
HttpProcessor[8080][4]/Handler: Error compiling sitemap
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: manager
 at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:382)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(De
faultComponentFactory.java:172)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(
ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:84)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerat
or(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addComp
iledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:355)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:189)
 at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:221)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Any ideas?

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com

These are the days of miracle and wonder...
          ...so don't cry baby, don't cry...
                                                  Paul Simon

RE: Latest cvs version fails on sitemap compile

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
If this is what I'm thinking it is...

Go to user list archive, this was asked at least three times during last
two weeks...

In short: delete working directory. Old sitemap_xmap.class is not
compatible.

Vadim