Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olayemi Olatunji <ol...@phillipsconsulting.net> on 2017/02/28 15:19:55 UTC

https failing to start

Hello All,

I just implemented ssl with tomcat and successfully imported the godaddy
ssl certificate with no issues. tomcat however fails to start on https but
starts on http.

Can someone help to check the attached logs and server.xml file for what
could be wrong?

*Kind Regards,*

*Olayemi Olatunji* *Learning Consultant*
<http://www.phillipsconsulting.net/images/learning%20academy.gif>

Mobile: +234 (0)7036583697 +234 (0)8137061701
Skype: yemiolat
4th Floor, UBA House, Marina, Lagos
www.phillipsconsulting.net

RE: https failing to start

Posted by "Boateng, Richmond" <ri...@uk.abnamroclearing.com>.
Hi
Looks like you are going to port 80 in hope of reaching your ssl port.
I did ask for the apache log file not the scrren print.
In any case for SSL you to to go direct to the ssl port configured.
Say you have a website listening of port 80 you can simply go to http://localhost and reach the application
If you configure ssl on 443 you will need to go to https://localhost:443 to reach the application

Posted by Olaf Kock <to...@olafkock.de>.
Hi,

Am 28.02.2017 um 17:45 schrieb Olayemi Olatunji:
> Hello,
>
> Kindly see logs attached.

Please note that this list strips attachments. You'll need to either
post *the relevant parts* inline or point to external resources.
Relevant is most likely what you've changed in the original
configuration files.

It's funny enough that your inlined image came through - that's the
first time I've seen this here.

Also: When you connect through https, you'll most likely run into the
next issue when you connect to "localhost" - because the certificate you
install might be for a regular host name and not "localhost". This would
generate an immediate certificate mismatch warning - but so far you're
not yet there.

Olaf

Re: https failing to start

Posted by Olayemi Olatunji <ol...@phillipsconsulting.net>.
Hello,

Kindly see logs attached.

The error "unable to connect" was displayed (a screenshot is also displayed
below)

[image: Inline image 1]

RE: https failing to start

Posted by "Boateng, Richmond" <ri...@uk.abnamroclearing.com>.