Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net> on 2003/02/18 19:08:17 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Permissions

* Webmaster (webmaster@mastermindshosting.com) [030218 10:03]:
> I have a server that will not let the user change permissions when he tries says that he is not an apache user any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix it?

This is probably not an Apache issue, however:

What operating system is this problem occuring on?
What is the user trying to change?
Does the user have the correct privileges to change what he's trying to change?

--
Benjamin Krueger

Re: [users@httpd] Permissions

Posted by Webmaster <we...@mastermindshosting.com>.
>This is definitely not an Apache issue. You may have better luck on a
>Redhat new administrator's list. We can't further troubleshoot this problem
>without knowing what permissions are on the file, on the parent directory,
>and what groups the user belongs to.

Okay we thought it was cause he can change everything else just fine it is
just when the script creates the new files for him it makes it apache
instead of his group and user ID he is on 4 other servers and this one it
the only one with this problem.

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] Permissions

Posted by Webmaster <we...@mastermindshosting.com>.