Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com> on 2002/08/25 01:45:45 UTC

portal example doesn't work in current CVS?

Hi, all.

I'm using JDK 1.4, Tomcat 4.1.9, Windows XP.

I downloaded the 2.1 CVS and built it a week ago. Everything worked fine.
Since I believe it's better updating it frequently when working with these
versions, today I updated via CVS, rebuilt it and the portal example does
not work. The authentication one works ok.
This is the error message I see:
-------------------------------
The org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode notifies
that java.lang.NullPointerException says:
XMLUtil.getNodeListFromPath() did catch a NullPointerException.This might be
due to a missconfigured XML parser which does not use DOM Level 2.Make sure
that you use the XML parser shipped with Cocoon.

More precisely:
java.lang.NullPointerException: XMLUtil.getNodeListFromPath() did catch a
NullPointerException.This might be due to a missconfigured XML parser which
does not use DOM Level 2.Make sure that you use the XML parser shipped with
Cocoon.
-------------------------------

I've read the archives and copied the xalan, xerces and xml-apis to the
lib/endorsed directory on my JDK 1.4 with no luck. I do not know if it has
something to do with it cause it worked previously without those jars copied
there...

May anybody help me?

Thanks.

Re: portal example doesn't work in current CVS?

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@josema.net>.
Don't know what was wrong, maybe something went wrong when updating to
latest CVS, but it's working again after checking out today's head.

Best.