Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2019/06/30 05:07:07 UTC

Non-parseable POM: in comment after two dashes (--)

While trying to comment the row
<additionalArguments>--locale en:US</additionalArguments>
<!--<additionalArguments>--locale en:US</additionalArguments>-->
I get
Non-parseable POM .../application/pom.xml: in comment after two dashes (--)
next character must be > not l (position: END_TAG seen

Running xmllint on the pom gives the same result.

Could this be handled in NetBeans or should one just accept the nature of
xml?

Re: Non-parseable POM: in comment after two dashes (--)

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Oh, that was nifty, thanks!

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
http://timboudreau.com

Re: Non-parseable POM: in comment after two dashes (--)

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, thats doable.

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,
 This is non-compliant xml (put a space between the two dashes). Maven itself will do nothing with a bad formed xml.

Regards
Eric
<additionalArguments>--locale en:US</additionalArguments> to <!--<additionalArguments>--locale en:US</additionalArguments>--> I get Non-parseable POM .../application/pom.xml: in comment after two dashes (--) next character must be > not l (position: END_TAG seen