Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Simon Perreault <no...@nomis80.org> on 2004/10/02 21:30:58 UTC

Inclusion of my svn-clean script

Hi,

May I suggest the inclusion of my svn-clean script? It behaves like the
famous cvs-clean script, that is, it removes any file or directory in a
working copy that is not versioned. It could be added to the
tools/client-side directory.

How it works: does an "svn status --no-ignore -v" command and parses the
output. Any line that starts with 'I' (ignored) or '?' (unversioned)
means the file should be deleted. The script is coded in Perl and uses
the standard Perl File::Path module for recursive removing.

See http://nomis80.org/svn-clean.

--
Simon Perreault <no...@nomis80.org> -- http://nomis80.org

Re: Inclusion of my svn-clean script

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Kobayashi Noritada <no...@dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp> writes:
> It seems that an 'l' was inserted into a line head when committed...

Wow, don't know how that happened.

Fixed in r11231, thanks.

Re: Inclusion of my svn-clean script

Posted by Kobayashi Noritada <no...@dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp>.
Hi,

Simon Perreault <no...@nomis80.org> writes:
> May I suggest the inclusion of my svn-clean script? It behaves like
> the famous cvs-clean script, that is, it removes any file or directory
> in a working copy that is not versioned. It could be added to the
> tools/client-side directory.
>
> How it works: does an "svn status --no-ignore -v" command and parses
> the output. Any line that starts with 'I' (ignored) or '?'
> (unversioned) means the file should be deleted. The script is coded in
> Perl and uses the standard Perl File::Path module for recursive
> removing.
>
> See http://nomis80.org/svn-clean.

Committed into contrib/client-side/svn-clean in r11229.  Thanks!

-Karl