Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Vishal Pahuja <vp...@esri.com> on 2002/07/17 02:33:14 UTC

localhost:8080 vs localhost???

All:

I have a custom servlet that works/responds if I type in following in the
URL http://vpahuja:8080/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
where com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap is our custom servlet
The same fails if I type in following in the URL
 http://vpahuja/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
Notice that I do not have 8080 in there.
I am using Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.0.3. Do I need to anything specific to
make this work? Like create a special web apps or something?
Thanks in advance
--Vish

Re: localhost:8080 vs localhost???

Posted by John Thorhauer <jo...@zenplex.com>.
On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 20:42, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html

This .wav could perhaps add to the effect that you are trying to get
across:

http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/idiot.wav

John
--
********************************
** John Thorhauer

Re: localhost:8080 vs localhost???

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 7/16/02 5:33 PM, "Vishal Pahuja" <vp...@esri.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I have a custom servlet that works/responds if I type in following in the
> URL http://vpahuja:8080/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
> where com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap is our custom servlet
> The same fails if I type in following in the URL
> http://vpahuja/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?CMD=appserverping
> Notice that I do not have 8080 in there.
> I am using Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.0.3. Do I need to anything specific to
> make this work? Like create a special web apps or something?
> Thanks in advance
> --Vish

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html

Cheers and Love,