Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/17 11:12:48 UTC

Failure to build (possibly a 3rd party issue)

Hi,

I was trying to build Mesos using 'make'. Here is what I got:

http://code.stypi.com/pw3146dx

Is this a known issue? It would be great if someone could suggest a
workaround.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

--
*Ritwik Yadav*

Re: Failure to build (possibly a 3rd party issue)

Posted by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io>.
Debian wheezy has gcc 4.6 which can be installed from the default repos
(the package gcc-4.6) alongside GCC 4.7. Once installed you should be able
to run:

export CXX=g++-4.6
export CC=gcc-4.6
./configure

Then do the rest of the normal build (I'd recommend some flags like
--enable-optimize if you're going to be putting the resulting binary into
production). The Mesosphere mesos debian wheezy packages are currently
built that way.

I don't see a JIRA about the gcc 4.7 thing currently, I'll ping the person
who has been doing some research into enabling it and see what the status
looks like (I suspect it won't land, if it is going to happen, until Mesos
0.23).

Posted by Tomas Barton <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cody,

Posted by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Cody Maloney <co...@mesosphere.io>.

Posted by Tomas Barton <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the fix and the explanation.

Best Regards,

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ritwik,

Posted by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ritwik,

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ritwik,

I've seen this problem before but haven't had time to look into it. We made
C++11 a requirement so the Makefile actually isn't the issue here.

I can look into what's actually causing this,

Posted by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com>.

--
*Ritwik Yadav*

Posted by Ritwik <ri...@gmail.com>.