Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Colin Kincaid Williams <di...@uw.edu> on 2016/04/15 23:19:40 UTC

Java or Scala Namespace collisions using multiple versions of the hadoop or spark hbase api

Hello,

I'm in the process of transferring data between Hbase .92 and Hbase
.98 . I'd like to write some test comparing my databases to ensure I
have not lost content in the transformation process. From what I
understand there can be namespace collisions involving using multiple
versions of the same Hbase client libraries.

Is there an accepted way of avoiding such namespace collisions using
these libraries and their dependencies, or is there a more accepted
way of using a client to test this?

Thanks,

Colin Williams

Re: Java or Scala Namespace collisions using multiple versions of the hadoop or spark hbase api

Posted by Colin Kincaid Williams <di...@uw.edu>.
bump!

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Tell us more Colin? You want to launch the two clients inside the same
process? Use asynchbase if you want to go against the two different
versions using the same client; it allows you do this.

St.Ack