Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by David Elliott <we...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/25 17:33:41 UTC

Threading

There has been some discussion lately on Remote Sinks.  Would I need to use
Remote Sinks for
threads?  or only in the event that I have multiple apps / web services that
want to log to the
same resource?

If I don't need to do remote sinks, then would each thread create/obtain a
logger using GetLogger()
and then have 1 appender attached to each logger?  That is if I wanted all
the messages to go to
one place, for instance a RollingFileAppender file.

Thanks,
Dave

Get 200+ ad-free, high-fidelity stations and LIVE Major League Baseball
Gameday Audio! http://radio.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200491ave/direct/01/