Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by David Capwell <dc...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/29 00:05:16 UTC

Tasks stay queued when they fail in celery

We noticed that in the past few days we keep seeing tasks stay in the
queued state.  Looking into celery, we see that the task had failed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line
367, in trace_task
    R = retval = fun(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/celery/app/trace.py", line
622, in __protected_call__
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/airflow/executors/celery_executor.py",
line 59, in execute_command
    raise AirflowException('Celery command failed')
AirflowException: Celery command failed

Why does airflow not learn about this and recover? And what can we do to
prevent this?

Thanks for your time reading this email.

Re: Tasks stay queued when they fail in celery

Posted by David Capwell <dc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the details!

Posted by George Leslie-Waksman <ge...@cloverhealth.com.INVALID>.