Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gmane <bj...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/29 17:15:30 UTC

Document Properties (Meta Data) HWPF

In MS OLE documents there is a set of meta data tags like "AUTHOR", "TITLE"
and such.

When in the Win32 environment I can right click on an OLE file and look at
the summary tag and read these attributes.

Is HWPF or any of the other POI classes able to read this meta data?

Bill Jacaruso
bjacaruso<nospam>@yahoo.com

Re: Document Properties (Meta Data) HWPF

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Gmane schrieb:
> In MS OLE documents there is a set of meta data tags like "AUTHOR", "TITLE"
> and such.
>
> When in the Win32 environment I can right click on an OLE file and look at
> the summary tag and read these attributes.
>
> Is HWPF or any of the other POI classes able to read this meta data?

This what HPSF is good for. See <http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hpsf/>
for details.

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

OpenPGP fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E