Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "karthikeyan.laxman" <ka...@tcs.com> on 2009/05/30 09:51:49 UTC

Regarding parsing of artifact details from Maven index file

I need to get the details of list of artifacts contained in the index file of
maven repository. I downloaded the nexus-maven-repository-indexes.zip file
from the repository and unzipped that file. But it is having .cfs and .gen
formatted files. How to parse that files to get the details (like artifact
id, group id, version, type, last modified timestamp)  of all artifacts in
the index file. Is there any parser available for that? Can anyone help me
to solve this problem...

Re: Regarding parsing of artifact details from Maven index file

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Your best bet is to use the nexus-indexer api jar to access the data. This
will keep you from having to deal with the contents, which in the old .zip
are a lucene format but in the new .gz & incrementals is a special binary
format.
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/05/nexus-indexer-20-incremental-downloading/
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/sonatype/nexus/nexus-indexer/2.0.0/