Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Pretorian, Mihnea" <pr...@wirecard.com> on 2002/07/30 10:32:00 UTC

Xalan memory consumption problem

Hello,

I am using Xalan/Xerces in a CGI application on Sun/Solaris system.
Because CGI is loaded many times in memory the application should consume as less memory as less as possible.
I use Xalan/Xerces as shared libraries. I thought that the runtime memory for those libraries would not be significant.
But it seams that it is.
The first question is how can I use Xalan/Xerces and to consume memory as less as possible?
Can I compile Xalan/Xerces with some specific options for this?
Can I compile/link my application with some specific options?
I use gcc/g++ compiler and GNU linker.

One strange behavior for me was that the application used to print only its version and nothing more uses 3.6 Mb more memory when is linked with Xalan/Xerces, even if the module that initialize and uses Xalan/Xerces is not touched.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mihnea