Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Marru, Suresh" <sm...@iu.edu> on 2020/10/26 16:24:36 UTC

Re: [External] [AIRAVATA-3379] airavata-ruby-sdk

Hi Dinuka,

Can you please research which of the Apache Software Foundation projects https://projects.apache.org/ have ruby artifacts published and find the relevant documentation on how they are doing account management and official artifact publishing?

Thanks,
Suresh

On Oct 26, 2020, at 12:17 PM, Dinuka Desilva <l....@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Suresh,

For publishing the packages, it's required to have an account [1]. I would say having an account for the lab would be better than pushing them through a personal account. What do you think?

One more thing I would like to clarify was the name of the package. I named it just "airavata". And the default module is "Airavata" and inside that there's a sub module called "Client". So, in a way it's extendible if needed.

Example usage :-

require "thrift"
require "airavata"

transport = Thrift::BufferedTransport.new(Thrift::Socket.new('localhost', 9930))
protocol = Thrift::BinaryProtocol.new(transport)
airavataApiClient = Airavata::Client.new(protocol)
transport.open()

airavataApiClient.isUserExists(authzToken, gatewayId, userName)

Regards,
Dinuka

[1] https://rubygems.org<https://rubygems.org/>

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 8:10 PM Dinuka Desilva <l....@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the PR accordingly and managed to test it locally too.

Regards,
Dinuka

On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 1:50 AM Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>> wrote:
Thank you Eric, we will follow up on the PR.

Suresh

On Oct 22, 2020, at 4:13 PM, Franz, Eric <ef...@osc.edu>> wrote:

Suresh,

I posted a comment here https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/265#issuecomment-714734200

And am happy to help however I can.

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Gateways Lead Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz@osc.edu<ma...@osc.edu>

From: Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 12:18 PM
To: Airavata Dev <de...@airavata.apache.org>>, "Franz, Eric" <ef...@osc.edu>>
Subject: Re: [AIRAVATA-3379] airavata-ruby-sdk

Hi Eric,

Do you have suggestions on how ruby SDK’s should be distributed? Once Dinuka packages thrift generated ruby libraries and adds some higher order simplification API’s, can you please advise on what is the best practice for creating a gem and publishing it to a gem repo?

Thanks,
Suresh

On Oct 21, 2020, at 3:02 PM, Dinuka Desilva <l....@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Following the other client sdks [1] available, I'm going to enable the ruby sdk [2] for the airavata api. Meanwhile, I have a couple of points to discuss.

1) Should we follow a similar pattern for additional code (apart from what's generated from thrift) introduced to the clients regardless of language? The feasibility is also one aspect to be discussed.

2) What's the process of publishing the clients to public registries?

Regards,
Dinuka

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/github.com/apache/airavata/tree/master/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks__;!!KGKeukY!kF3Lp5XEjGrUd3Mn1_MHMskmcOjmNBqg3n3lDCUX8Va4jJ8H3oowtrIcirtiPA$>
[2] https://github.com/apache/airavata/pull/265<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/github.com/apache/airavata/pull/265__;!!KGKeukY!kF3Lp5XEjGrUd3Mn1_MHMskmcOjmNBqg3n3lDCUX8Va4jJ8H3oowtrImbZefOQ$>

Re: [External] [AIRAVATA-3379] airavata-ruby-sdk

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Yeah, +1. This sounds similar to PyPI, you can delegate other users to be able to publish. As long as we have multiple dev team members with access I think we'll be fine.

Posted by Dinuka Desilva <l....@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,