Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org> on 2019/03/08 17:11:13 UTC

Next Releases

I was thinking it would be good to release 1.9.3 this month.  The last 1.9
release was July 2018.

Then I was thinking we could release 2.0.0 in April.  Alpha-1 was released
in October 2018.  So we had about 3 months until Alpha-2 was released end
of Jan.  End of April would be another 3 months, giving us roughly 6 months
for alpha releases before an official 2.0.0 release.

I think the Alpha releases have been good but we need an official release
of 2.0.0 so users are more willing to upgrade.

Re: Next Releases

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
It looks like we've got all the 1.9.3 outstanding issues closed (or
bumped), so I'm going to start working on a 1.9.3 RC1.

Re: Next Releases

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
+1

Re: Next Releases