Posted to user@flink.apache.org by aviad <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/13 08:24:18 UTC

running flink job cluster on kubernetes with HA

Hi,

I want to run several jobs under kubernetes using "flink job cluster" (see -
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/deployment/kubernetes.html#flink-job-cluster-on-kubernetes),
meaning each job is running on a different flink cluster.

I want to configure the cluster with HA, meaning working with ZooKeeper.

do I need a different ZooKeeper cluster to each job cluster or can I use the
same cluster to all jobs?

I saw that there is parameter called "high-availability.zookeeper.path.root"
I can config each flink cluster with a different path, is it enough?

thanks, Aviad

Re: running flink job cluster on kubernetes with HA

Posted by miki haiat <mi...@gmail.com>.
Its looks like  in the next version  1.7 you can achieve HA on Kubernetes
<https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/5530> without zookeeper .
Anyway for now you can configure one zookeeper path  to save the data , the
path should  be  some  distribute FS  like  HDFS ,S3 fs.

Thanks ,

Miki